Talking “Virtual Reality and the Future of Film” … we are happy to welcome John Bucher on 28 February at 8 pm at ZUMEFF. John is an acclaimed writer, author, communicator, and cultural mythologist based out of Hollywood, California in the United States. He is the author of five books including Storytelling for Virtual Reality (Routledge, 2018), and Master of the Cinematic Universe: Writing in the New World of Media (Michael Wiese, 2016).
ZUMEFF 2018 is only a couple of weeks away and we are expecting the results from our judges within this week. So time to let you know the prizes for this year’s winners …
Adobe, Grapheast and Wacom will sponsor the following prizes:
- Best of the Best: 4.000 AED gift voucher for Yas Mall
- Best Narration: 2.500 AED gift voucher for Yas Mall
- Best Documentary: 2.500 AED gift voucher for Yas Mall
- Best Animation: 1.000 AED gift voucher for Yas Mall + a Wacom Tablet
Bin Hamoodah Automobiles will sponsor a special award this year, the Bin Hamoodah Chevrolet Year of Zayed Award. The winner of this prize will receive 10.000 AED to donate to a good will or a good cause within the UAE.
twofour54 will sponsor the twofour54 emerging Filmmaker Award. The winner will receive the following:
- Equipment support for 3 days (cameras, sound & lighting Kit)
- 2 days in a twofour54 editing studio with an in-house professional editor
- Internship on a twofour54 production
Thanks again to all our partners and sponsors for their support!
Our Pre-Selection Committee has watched all of the 145 submissions that we received this year.
The fifteen shortlisted finalists are on their way to our Jury now.
You can have a look at our Finalists here: