9th Zayed University Middle East Film Festival 2018
Audio Submission Guidelines
- Participation is limited to students who are enrolled or were enrolled in the past year in an educational institution in the Middle East, including Turkey and Iran, and North Africa or students with Middle Eastern Origin who are enrolled or were enrolled in the past year in an educational institution worldwide.
- Total length of each audio file should be a minimum of 6 minutes and should not exceed 10 minutes.
- Only one submission per student
- You have three options to send us your files:
1) Google Drive
3) Snail Mail
To submit your file via Snail Mail you need to send us two copies of the file on a CD or flash drive, labeled with your name, audio title, educational institution, and duration via Aramex or another courier service to:
Zayed University Middle East Film Festival
PO Box 144534
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Entries WILL NOT be returned. Zayed University is not responsible for any damage or loss
- You have to submit a completed online entry form and your audio file before 31 December 2017
- There is no entry fee
Submissions are being accepted for original narrative non-fiction audio documentaries and/or features. This category is considered the “public interest” category.
Submissions might include but are not limited to newscasts, news shows, informative talk shows , and documentaries that incorporate such things as narration, sound bites, actualities, file footage, etc.
- Submission deadline is 31 December 2017
- The top 5 audio files will be evaluated by industry professionals.
- ZU does not have any copyright rights. However, the top audio submissions might be part of a “Best of ZUMEFF” that may play at selected festivals abroad. Winning documentaries/features will get full credit in these programs.
- Keep in mind there will be English-speaking judges.
The submissions will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Use of natural sound, music, sound effects