Zayed University Middle East Film Festival 2013:
- Participation is limited to students who are enrolled or were enrolled in the past year in an educational institution in the Middle East, including Turkey and Iran, and North Africa.
- Total length of each film should not exceed 30 minutes. All submitted films must be high quality copies.
- Only one submission per student.
Submissions should include:
- Three copies of the film on DVD, labeled with filmmaker’s name, film title, educational institution, and duration.
- A short synopsis of the film to include in the festival’s catalog.
- A completed entry form
- There is no entry fee.
Submissions should be sent via Aramex or another courier service by March 1, 2013 to
Zayed University Film Festival,
PO Box 144534, Khalifa City,
Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Entries WILL NOT be returned. Zayed University is not responsible for any damage or loss.
MP4, MPEG, MOV, MPG, MPEG, AVI or WMV format
Submission begins January 8, 2013 and the video submission deadline is March 1, 2013.
The top 5 films in each category will be evaluated by industry professionals. Screenings will be held during the two-day festival, April 30 to May 1, 2013.
An awards ceremony and screening of all finalists will be held at Zayed University in Abu Dhabi on May 1, 2013. The winners in each category will be flown to Abu Dhabi for the event.
ZU does not have any copyright rights. However, the top four winning films will be part of a “Best of ZUMEFF” DVD that may play at selected film festivals abroad. Winning films will get full credit in these programmes.
Keep in mind there will be English-speaking judges. Therefore, Arabic films should include English subtitles.
The films will be judged based on the following criteria:
Overall effectiveness: Was the filmmaker successful in delivering a compelling, engaging message or story to the audience?
Innovation: how creative and unique was the idea of the film?
Execution: How effective and original was the cinematography, sound, lighting and the overall editing? Did these elements help in delivering the message of the film to the audience?
Five awards will be given: Best Documentary Film, Best Narrative Film, Best Animation, and Grand Prize Best of the Festival. Winners will be flown to Abu Dhabi to attend the closing ceremony.
For additional information, please visit: www.zumeff.com